Pageviews l

Sunday 13 September 2020

A rainy day

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a good week and that the return to work/school for some was uneventful. My good friend Eve has been working from home since April and is returning to the office tomorrow. She and her colleagues will be alternating weeks. Working in a office sure will be different.

All is good with us. We had a good and productive week. I started some Fall cleaning in the house. Got the kitchen and our ensuite bathroom cleaned, from top to bottom. I also looked at my closet and decided that it was time to purge a little. My motto is as follows: if I haven't worn something in two years, then it's time to dispose of it. The same goes for anything else we have in the house. When feasible, I donate. My next project is to clean out the storage room in the basement.

Although it is technically Summer, it feels more like Fall. Our weather has been good but cooler, in the low twenties. Not bad but in the shade it feels cooler. That's OK. I'm not complaining in the least. We continue to enjoy the outdoors and eat outside. 

With the new season that is upon us comes wonderful vegetables such as golden beets, brussels sprouts and of course squashes...my favorite being the Delicata. I've been buying it by the dozen, almost 😋Apples are also making their appearance. In a few weeks, we plan on going apple picking. Can't wait.

Fall would normally mean that I would resume Fun Obedience Classes with Cooper...sadly not this year. So home schooling it will be for the Coop...and Miss Spicy. Two for the price of one I say! I know that Cooper will miss seeing his Havanese friends, Macey and Blu-Belle, and I will miss seeing Eveline, Lillian and Wanda, our instructor.  😞

Despite the pandemic, NFL football has resumed. Russell is happy although he says it's not the same to watch a game with a fake audience. The upside, with no audience, he can hear better the quaterback's calls!

This past week has brought back many memories of our wonderful trip to Scotland and Ireland one year ago. All I can say is that we are so happy we took this trip last year. Originally, we had planned on going in the Fall of 2020 to celebrate Russell's 65th birthday last February. Then, we thought, let's do it sooner. The saying "don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today" has never been more true...in a non pandemic life of course.

Today is bath day for our pooches. Russell did his usual magic. Cooper & Spicy are looking and feeling so clean and they smell wonderful. Today is also "September 13 Miracle" day in Montreal. All we had to do was place a bag of non-perishable food on our doorstep at noon. It was picked up by a volunteer and will be redistributed to those in need in our community. Such a good cause.

This coming week is looking to be beautiful, weather wise. I might do a little yard cleanup. We also expect our awning permit in a few days. We will then submit it to the awning company and cross our fingers that it will be done later this Fall. If not, then next Spring. 

That's my blog for today. The rain has stopped, yay! I wish you all a great week. Stay well and healthy!

Spicy in her favorite TV viewing
position.

Cooper truly watches TV and a few 
 dogs in a commercial will always have his
attention.

Nose to the ground...Cooper has amazing
skills at finding "treasure" in the backyard.

Cooper snug in his favorite chair on the deck.

Spicy doing her walk about in the yard.

A slightly tossed hairdo for 
Spicy.

The bird-feeder has seen lots
of action this season.

An awesome cloud display yesterday.










No comments:

Post a Comment