Pageviews l

Sunday 10 December 2017

The smell of Christmas baking

Happy Sunday to all! A cloudy day and getting colder tonight. We are expecting our first significant snowfall on Tuesday. We are ready for it, so are Cooper and Spicy.

All is good with us. We are slowly getting into the Christmas spirit. Today, I baked my first batch of Christmas cookies. I am two weeks behind in my baking but I will catch up, I promise. I will bake more tomorrow.

Last week was a difficult one for us. My mom was transferred to Vivalis Palliative Care. What a wonderful and serene place and we can't say enough about the caring staff. Mom is very comfortable and I will say that she is adapting very well to her new surroundings. Dad got her a CD player and we have been playing her favorite CDs, one of them is by Jesse Cook. I will not dwell on this other than to say that we now live each day to the fullest and try to bring mom all the pleasures that she so likes. On that note, I took Spicy to visit her on Friday. Needless to say that it brought a smile to her face, and my dad's. She was the perfect therapy dog. Next visit will be with the Coop.

Russell and I are managing the best we can and support my dad every way possible.  Having said this, we try to go about our day to day life in a normal fashion. I skipped the gym a few times last week but plan on going five times this coming week. As for Russell, he's doing well and he's been my rock, that's all I can say. But he also has a medical issue that he's dealing with. A few months ago, he was diagnosed with Hemochromatosis, a genetic blood disorder in which the body loads too much iron. If not treated, it can cause severe damage to internal organs. Luckily for him, he was diagnosed early and his internal organs are not affected. The only way to treat this condition is by giving blood (phlebotomy) once a month. So, next week, Russell will be doing his second treatment. For now, he expects to have to give blood once a month for 5 months and then a few times a year. He is getting regular blood testing to determine the iron level.  Hoping his condition continues to improve the way it should.

Yesterday, Spicy graduated from Obedience Level 1. She did very well and I look forward to doing Level 2 in the Spring. As for Cooper, we are done with our Fun Obedience training until mid-January. He's such a good boy and LOVES training.

That's it for my blog today. I leave you with some photos of our doggies and our special Christmas decorations for them. Have a great week!


Spicy and Cooper have their ornaments hung with care....
knowing that treats will be there!

Spicy providing my Mom some
comfort.

Spicy can always be counted upon to
make herself comfortable...
even on mom's bed.

Me and Spicy in the line up....waiting for next instructions.

Focus is the key and Spicy has it!

Spicy says, yum turkey bacon!

Me and our newest graduate form Level 1 Obedience...
Spicy!




1 comment:

  1. This specific Blog rocks! concerning cleaning affiliations. An abundance of thanks End of lease cleaning | End of lease cleaning Sydney | End of lease cleaning services Sydney relating to these sorts of escaping review. I figure this article will absolutely improve you. It causes me particularly to manage explicit issues.

    ReplyDelete