Pageviews l

Sunday 23 October 2016

A blustery kind of day

Happy Sunday everyone!  We are finally getting some sun after three days of non stop rain but it is windy out there.  The leaves are virtually gone.  I'm glad we went looking for great colours last week, not much left to see now.  Can't complain about the rain though, we've had such a beautiful Summer and Fall.

This past week was good and fairly busy.  Sadly though, Friday morning brought the unexpected passing of my aunt Aline, my mom's older sister.  She was 91 years young.  She had a good long life and she has now rejoined her beloved husband Camille.  My aunt was just about to move to a retirement home where she would have gotten the help and care that she was so longing for. She was barely able to live by herself and each day became a struggle.  Her little heart finally gave out and she is now at peace.  Those are tough times for my mom as she lost her younger sister back in June and one of her best friends in July.  All I can say is that I'm glad that we now live closer to my parents.  It brings them, and me, comfort and that's a good thing.  My mom is grateful that her older sister passed away peacefully.  I am also grateful that I got to see her on August 25. I thought I would include a photo that I took of her that day. I will always have beautiful memories of her.  My brother came over for dinner Friday night and we had a toast to tante Aline.  She will be missed.

Well, it seems that our last connection to Ontario is now gone.  We finally changed the licence plate for Russell's car to a Quebec plate.  We have our health care cards and drivers license.  I guess that now makes us Quebecois?

A friend and former work colleague, Diane, came over for lunch on Wednesday.  It was really nice to see her again.  She brought Cooper a toy that he just loves.  And what is actually quite impressive, is that the toy is still intact!  Coop says thank you.

We now have a snow contract in place for our driveway and walkway.  We were waiting to see what the neighbours would do and it seems that pretty well everyone on our street and in the neighbourhood is using the same company. So we got a quote and and decided to go ahead with them. All that's left to do in preparation for Winter is to get me some snow tires.  In Quebec, snow tires are mandatory.  No choice in the matter.

That's it for my blog today.  It's a quiet Sunday.  Russell is watching football and Cooper is napping/waiting for dinner.  It was a slow week for photos so I include just a few.  Have a great week everyone!

The newly planted Japanese maple is fire red!

Cooper catching 40 winks during all the rain these past
few days.

Diane and Anne pause for a photo opportunity
while catching up.

Tante Aline, a graceful Lady to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment