Pageviews l

Sunday 24 July 2016

It was a hot week!

Happy Sunday everyone!  Wow, what a hot week we just had.  We were almost, emphasis on the word "almost", wishing for the good old Huntsville Winters.  Having said this, it's been just as hot in Muskoka and everywhere else for that matter.

All is good with us.  We just got back from spending a few hours at my parents' place.  We had some munchies and a glass of wine.  They wanted to celebrate my birthday.  It was very nice.  On that note, my birthday came and went and it was a wonderful day.  Russell and Cooper showered me with love all day long.  I also had the pleasure of having coffee with mom and dad, first time in 35 years that I got to see them on my birthday.  It was a special moment for them and for me.  I took the Coop with me and we have a nice visit.  The rest of the day was spent relaxing with my two guys, just the way I like it.

This past week was again a busy one but things are slowing down for us, which is a good thing.  We had one "meet and greet" with a potential home boarding family for the Coop.  It's called, Chez Winston, in Ile-Perrot.  Winston is the name of their Old English Sheepdog.  Coop and Winston got along really well.  Would you believe that they were taking care of another dog, a 5 month old Havanese of all breeds!  This coming week, we will meet with another potential family and hopefully another one next week. The more people we meet, the more recommendations we get.  That's a good thing.

I got a lot of gardening done.  The front bed is finished, now we wait for the plants to get big.  I got more done this morning in the back. Although we have bought many perennials, the stock is getting very low in all the nurseries so we decided to wait until next year to finish things up.  The selection of plants will be much better.  But we're off to a good start.

While I was out and about this past week buying plants and stuff, I got lost twice.  I don't know how that happened but it did....I managed to find my way home but I had to ask someone for directions once.  Hard to believe that I grew up in this area, but not hard to believe considering my poor sense of direction!

This week, in Quebec, marks, the beginning of Construction Holiday.  It is a two week holiday for the construction industry.  This holiday came into effect in the Summer of 1971.  It is the busiest time of year for Quebec's tourist industry.  One quarter of Quebec's population will be off during this two week period.  It will be interesting to see if we notice anything different during that time.

That's about it for this week's blog.  Oh, Cooper just saw his first racoon! I wish you all a great week. Some of you have the Civic Holiday Weekend coming up.....not in Quebec.  Have a great one!


Cooper has found a new lounger in the yard!

Anne planting outside the fence but still in the yard.

Anne with more plants while Cooper supervises!

Orange crocosmia, what a find. Hope the hummers
find them.

Cooper at the top of the stairs taking a break.

Cooper surveys his kingdom from the front window.

Anne and Cooper at mom and dad's place,
a great visit!





























No comments:

Post a Comment