Pageviews l

Sunday 25 October 2015

'Tis the Season for Ginger....

Happy Sunday everyone!  Today is the last Sunday in October.  Christmas is two months away.  Next Sunday is November 1 and our clocks go back one hour.  But before all of this takes place, we will have Halloween!  We haven't had any trick or treaters yet since we've lived here but we hope that this year will be different, having a family with young children now living on our road.  We are prepared, pumpkins and all.  So are our neighbours.  If we get no kids, then we will have to either eat or dispose of those mini chocolate bars that I bought today.  Why is it that we always buy the things that we like the most!

On that note, I seem to be on a ginger kick these days which is why I titled this blog 'Tis the season for ginger".  Oh, I didn't come up with that. My good friend Terri did, when she commented on my Facebook page yesterday.  I thought, what a great title for this week's blog.   For me, ginger, especially when used in baking, means Fall, Holidays, nice smells and yummy goodies.  Yesterday, I made Triple Ginger Cookies and this morning I baked a Crystallized Ginger Loaf, with a little caramel drizzle.  You see, I've been under the weather the past few days with a cold that just doesn't want to leave me.  I thought that baking something with ginger could be a good remedy..... so, Russell and I are enjoying these little ginger treats hoping that they provide some good medicinal benefits to our bodies.

This past week was good and quiet.  We both went to the gym but I skipped two days. I just wasn't feeling up to it.  Having said this, it seems that Russell and I are having a little "chin up" competition.  His trainer added chin ups as part of his training program.  Can he do one?  Of course he can!   Good for him.  Perhaps, one day, we will both be in the gym at the same time and compare notes....

On the home front, all is quiet for now.  Our last showing was during Thanksgiving weekend. Tomorrow, we will renew our listing for another three months.  Who knows what the next few months will bring.

Today turned out to be a beautiful, sunny day.  More of the same for the next few days.  It's all good.  That's it for this week's blog.  I include a beautiful sunrise photo that Russell took on Friday morning, one that I took late yesterday afternoon, while sitting in front of the fireplace,  and a few pictures of the Cooper.  Look for his Halloween photo in next week's blog!

Have a great week and a safe Halloween!


Fall Potpourri, scary pumpkin and a roaring fire.

Sunrise on the back deck...just after Blue Hour.

Mr Coop lounging with 'his' fav bone nearby.

You want me to be the floor mop/duster....Ok says Coop!

No comments:

Post a Comment