Pageviews l

Sunday 6 September 2015

Labour Day Weekend....Me and the Coop, Russell and the Milky Way

I hope you are all enjoying a nice Labour Day Weekend.  September has sure made a grand entrance. What a beauty of a week it was!

This weekend was just me and the Coop, while Russell was attending a two day Night Sky Photography workshop in Algonquin Park.  He left Friday and is coming home early this afternoon.  From what he said, it's been a great experience and he will have lots of pictures to share.  On Friday night, the skies were clear and he could see the Milky Way with the naked eye.  Can't wait to see the photos he took.  I will be sure to post some in next week's blog.

Two people participated in the workshop, led by Wesley Liikane, or better known as Cowboy with a Camera.  Those workshops are held three times during the Summer. They stayed at the Mad Musher, a hostel located just outside of the East Gate of Algonquin Park.

Meanwhile, the Coop and I spent some quality time together.  No doubt that Cooper has been wondering where his daddy is.  Yesterday afternoon, I found him sleeping facing the mud room door, which is the door we always use to come and go.  Perhaps he was hoping that Russell would come through the door at some point.  Having said this, we had some fun play sessions over the past few days, went for walks and he even had a play date with Brenna the doodle.  As for me, I went to the gym, ran some errands and just took it easy.  By the way, I am that much closer to being able to do a chin up but still not there yet.  I figure maybe in a month or so.  Not an easy thing to do.

I can only imagine how excited Cooper will be when Russell comes home today.  I hope to capture his excitement on video.  I am also looking forward to having my hubby back home.  I've missed him a whole lot!

That's it for this week's blog.  I wanted to post it early so that I can now focus on getting ready for Russell's arrival.  First order of business:  make a Peach Gingerbread Cake.

I hope the remainder of the long weekend is a good one for all of you as well as the rest of the week.  As for us, we will be having a Labour Day lunch at the Yocoms tomorrow.  Fun! The rest of the week will be somewhat quiet although we will be getting ready for my brother's visit on Friday.  Looking forward to it.  I include two photos of the Coop (naturally) and two that Russell sent me from the Mad Musher.  Look for Milky Way pics in next week's blog!
Cooper and his reflection
Cooper resting by the boardwalk


Cute little bedroom at the Mad Musher
The Mad Musher restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment