Pageviews l

Sunday 1 February 2015

Game Day!

They call it Super Sunday.  I call it an excuse to indulge in some fun snacks and food.  I am not a football fan by any stretch but I do like watching the Super Bowl.  I have followed the past few games and I decided that I will cheer for the Patriots.  It so happens that this is the team Russell is rooting for although what he really wants is a great game, not a blowout.  As for the half time show, I am not a big fan of Katy Perry so I will reserve judgment until I see what she's got to offer.

This past week went by like a flash.  The weather, although cold, was sunny for the most part.  I don't remember the last time that we had so many sunny days in a row.  I sorted out our clothes for our trip and bought the last minute items that we needed.  I did more online shopping (I'm addicted!) and ordered myself a nice pair of sandals from Town Shoes.  I got them Friday.  Now, I'm all set..... I think.

Yesterday, we went to Arrowhead Park and the place was full of people.  When we left, cars were lined up to get in.  We had never seen the park so busy.  We often use a walk as an opportunity to "reload" some good basic training with Cooper.  Yesterday was no exception and was actually a good day to do so as there were lots of distractions to deal with:  groups of people with children, some in sleighs, people with snowshoes, other dogs, and even people wearing balaclavas which can often be intimidating for dogs - not to mention humans.  The Coop did really well on his walk and made us very proud.

I have three Bootcamp classes in the next three days then that's it until we return from our trip.  I must say that I look forward to a little break from working out.  I have been going at it almost non stop since the beginning of September and, although I thoroughly enjoy it, my body is now telling me it's time to rest a little.  So, instead, I will be walking the beach with Russell.  I like the sound of that.

We leave Thursday for Toronto.  We will drop off the Coop at Camp Talemaker.  We will miss him a whole lot but we know he will be well taken care of and will have the time of his life. It's a vacation for him too after all. After dropping him off, we will both get a much needed haircut then off to the Airport Hotel for the night.  Our flight to Barbados is early Friday morning.

This is it for this week's blog.  If there are no internet issues, I will write a short blog from Barbados next Sunday.  I wish you all a great week.  I am short on pictures so I leave you with two of the Coop and one that Russell took one night this past week while we were relaxing in front of the fireplace.


Cooper in his best 'retrieve' mode!

Cooper loves a good lounge in an armchair with sunshine!

Late afternoon glow with candles by the fireplace.




No comments:

Post a Comment