Pageviews l

Sunday 19 October 2014

Cranberry Goodness

Happy Sunday to all!  There is a definite chill in the air but the sun is shining.  It was the perfect day to go the Bala Cranberry Festival and to visit the Johnston's Cranberry Marsh.  We had a great time and bought some cranberry goodies for the holiday season.  There were lots of people and lots of dogs.  Cooper behaved very well and, as usual, people fell in love with him.

All is good with us. It was a quiet week but busy.  We were in Toronto on Thursday and we had a great time.  We went to a new Italian restaurant for dinner on Prince Arthur.  It was good, the portions were too big and the ambiance was nice.  I guess the highlight of the evening, other than having a romantic dinner with my hubby, was that Toronto was hit with a huge rainfall that night.  Prince Arthur, amongst many other streets, was so flooded that the firemen had to come and open up the drains.  No one could drive or walk on the street.  All was back to normal by the time we walked back to our hotel.

My six-week Bootcamp Challenge is now over.  Overall, it was a great experience and I enjoyed the nutritional part of it. Most of all, this challenge produced some nice results which I'm happy about.   I have signed up to continue the bootcamp workouts and plan on continuing to eat the same, for the most part. It's not rocket science:  it is about eating clean, less carbs and more protein.  Having said this, I do believe in the 80/20 rule:  be good 80% of the time and somewhat bad the other 20%.  Life is short after all!

We are getting ready to leave for Montreal tomorrow.  We will first drop off Cooper at Takemaker Camp, then we will continue on.  My parents are almost ready for the move.  The movers come first thing Wednesday morning and all will be loaded and unloaded in one day. It will be a busy week no doubt but it should go smoothly.  It will also be a week filled with many emotions for all of us.  After living in the same house for 53 years,  this will be a big change for my parents but I know they will be happy in their new home.

The leaves in our trees are now almost all gone but one morning this past week, I was able to capture the leaves in their golden glory during the "golden hour", which occurs one hour before sunrise or sunset.  So beautiful to watch.

That's it for this week's blog.  Our bags are packed for tomorrow, as well as the lemon cookies that I made for my parents and for Auntie Lorraine.  We will get to see her on Tuesday night.  We look forward to it.  I wish you all a great week ahead!


Fall colour captured during the golden hour on our septic burm.

Johnston Cranberry Marsh being harvested.

Russell and Cooper take a break while Anne shops..yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment