Pageviews l

Sunday 7 October 2012

Thanksgiving wishes!

Russell, Cooper and I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.  We hope you will spend it anyway you want and have a good time.

As for us, it is our first Thanksgiving in Huntsville.  It is a beautiful day and the air is crisp.  The bird is in the oven, Russell is building a fire and Cooper is napping.  He had a busy day, running outside in the piles of leaves that I made and we played retrieve with his new favorite toy, an empty plastic bottle of Perrier with just enough water in it to make it easier for us to throw. Simple but effective!

Our day started at the usual time, around 7:30.  The weatherman was calling for -3 Celsius overnight and he was right.  When we woke up, it was, shall I say, a little cool outside and the deck was icy.  This took Russell completely by surprise and sure enough he fell on his left side while taking Cooper out.  He hurt his back and bruised his arm.  He will be stiff tomorrow.  I hope it doesn't get worse.  This morning,  I went for my first walk all by myself in our neighbourhood.  This was more of a fitness walk than a stroll so I decided to walk to our mail box.  No big deal, only 2 km each way.  It felt weird though to walk with hardly any traffic around, except for two cars that passed me and three deers.  With no traffic to speak of, you can really hear the noises in the woods so I was mindful of my surroundings. I had my bear bell with me just in case.  I do need to buy a proper walking stick for protection in case I come face to face with some unwanted species... It was a good walk just the same and I plan on picking up our mail every day, whether permitting.

Earlier this afternoon, we spent 30 minutes in our hot tub.  It helped loosen the muscles in Russell's back and it felt good overall.  Cooper just sat patiently on the sitting area around the hot tub, either licking Russell's head, which he loves doing because it is so fuzzy, or just watching the outdoors through the screened porch.

This past week went by really fast, not sure why. On Monday, we went back to Algonquin Park.  We are glad we did as it was the perfect day for it and the leaves were truly at their peak.  Russell took many beautiful pictures.  I attach one of Peck Lake and one that I took of Russell and Cooper.  Tuesday, we went to Limberlost Forest and Wild Life Reserve.  It is about 20 minutes away from where we live and it offers many trails to choose from.  We went on the Turtle and Solitaire trails.  We were the only people there and the trails, although they run along a lake, are completely in the woods but the paths are amazing, wide and covered with pine needles which makes it cushiony to walk on.  Cooper was leading us and had a great time.

Thursday, we took Cooper to day care for a good part of the day.  While he was gone, we ran a few errands and I reorganized our closets.  When we picked him, he was happy but so dirty.  It had rained so the backyard at the day care was a bit mucky.  He ran and played in the muck with two other dogs.  When we got home, we took a few pictures of our dirty dog and then we gave him a bath.  He was back to his old self in no time.

That's about it for this week's blog. This coming week will be busy.  Russell and I will get our hair cut, Cooper gets a vaccine booster, we will sign off on the construction permit for our carport and I will get ready for my brother's visit next weekend, which we look forward to.  I must sign off now and baste the bird.....

Peck Lake, Algonquin Park in glorious color.

Russell and Coop on the trail.

The "Coop"...we love him clean or DIRTY!
Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment