Pageviews l

Sunday 7 August 2011

If you're feeling nosey, check this out....

Meet Hammerhead....nice guy ( all 700 pounds of him )! It's been relatively quiet since my last blog. Permit approvals are a bit behind due to a glitch with the septic site but that will be fixed this week. Other than that, we are getting more quotes for the various components of our house (geo-thermal heating, plumbing, electrical, security, sound, lightening protection, etc.). Those can be complex and we need to really make sure the quotes include everything to avoid any surprises in the end. We met with Matt and Ali on Friday to go over some of those quotes. Things are progressing. Logs have arrived and Matt will start working on the house next week. After our meeting, with the Davidsons, we went to Huntsville to take more pictures of our lot, a video of which is attached. The lot has now been cleared and is ready for digging, excavating and most likely blasting. We then went to Deerhurst for an overnight stay. Saturday, we went to Port Carling to take in the Muskoka Living Interiors store. Wow, what an amazing store, so much to choose from. We didn't buy anything (yet) but left the store with many decorating ideas for our new home.

I have 7 weeks left at work. Without wishing my life away, I'm at the point now where I just want to get there. Things are slowing down a bit for me at the office, the transition to my two successors is going well (yes, it will take two people to replace me!!), all is in place for the big day, September 23. Until then, Russell and I will enjoy the rest of the Summer and take it easy. The start of the construction will coincide with my retirement, so we will be busy going up North on a regular basis and getting our Mississauga house ready for selling next Spring.

I almost forgot to mention that we will get our first puppy in November, not in January as we thought. Treasure (the mother) went into heat two months earlier than anticipated. Her puppies will be born around August 28 ( our Anniversary ), if all goes according to plan. Darlah and Nathan ( the breeders ) will keep them for 10 weeks to socialize and train them, then one of them will be ours to take home, around mid-November. We are extremely happy about having a puppy sooner than anticipated, although a lot of the work we want to do in our house will have to be done prior to November, but that's OK...it is perfect actually!

I will be visiting our Montreal factory this coming Thursday and say goodbye to my colleagues, many of which I have known for almost 27 years. If I could have done a cross country tour to say goodbye to every single employee, I would have done it, but sadly, it is not possible to do so.

Until my next blog, enjoy the video and the Summer sounds! Video link here; http://youtu.be/Ql4cS4eATIs

No comments:

Post a Comment